Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Essay Plans.

After carefully reviewing both of my previously written essays that I've written for this class, I picked the Rhetorical Analysis essay is the one that can be taken a step further, because there is so much more that could have been done with the essay. I chose this essay because I felt this essay needs the most work out of the two. I could do many things with this essay. I plan to enhance the essay to discuss more about my thesis, perhaps even making my original thesis better. For example, in my first essay I lacked to include the benefits of a holistic approach of the subject that he had presented. In this essay, I plan to go back and use examples of diverse content on the subject to show the reader that having this sort of format can present the topic in a more reliable manner.
I have many aspirations for this upcoming essay. As I said earlier, I plan to talk more about the topic being presented in different ways. I also plan to go back and add a lot more about the effect of author's usage of pathos and lack of logos through out the entire article. After all, too much pathos can make the reader either get annoyed or bored, and without logos it lacks effect. Finally, I plan to take more quotes from Bruni's article and analyze them on whether or not it actually supports his own thesis. In my original essay, I forgot to do that, so it's going to make my essay a whole lot stronger.
This essay out of the two that I've written in this class is by far my weaker one. However, out of my two essays, I also figured out that it was the one that I could discuss more about using way more detail then I did previously to add meat to my body paragraphs. I have my work cut out for me, but at the end of the day I should have a bigger and better analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment